Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Friday, April 13, 2007

Blankees and Bills

Why can't me just be enough?
Why must I win all the awards
and play all the games,
why must I ace every test
and beat every score?

Why can't I just be enough?
Why must I panic and stress out
to be the unfailing one,
why cant I just screw around
and act in crazy ways?

Why do I have to be the glue
or take care of everyone,
why should I braid the hair
and clean the kitchen sink,
why should I calm their fears
and put them down to sleep?

I wish I were just newborn to you.
No things to do, nor need to impress
No weights to hold, nor burdens to bear
I want to cry when I am in despair
and then gently rocked to sleep
Oblivious to pain and to the bills due
Nieve to desires sick minds pursue.

Oh to be just me, only, only me
Oh how to be free, simply only me,
not Mom nor Dad, safety nor care
Oh just a child you see.

Mature in many ways
Given lots of praise
Smiling on the outside
Striving deep inside
Pushing myself to the limit
Crying out for love.
Why can't just me be enough?
Why can't just I be enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment